Flue Check offers a technical inspection and report service.
Tony Preston Eng.Tech MIGEM is a registered member of the Engineering Council. A member of the Institute of Gas Engineers and Managers. A Gas Safe Engineer and also registered as a HETAS Engineer.
Why might you need a technical inspection?
Safety & Compliance
If you believe your chimney, flue or appliance or general installation is potentially dangerous or maybe the workmanship is questionable then we can offer you an unbiased professional opinion and if required give a detailed report on our findings.
What the inspection involves.
1. External inspection at the ground level of stack, cowl or chimney system.
2. Hearth inspection
3. Distance to flammable material.
5. Ventilation inspection.
6. All seals inspected at the stove area.
7. Usage of correct materials.
8. Closure or register plate inspection.
8. CCTV inspection of flue or chimney.
9. Sweeping of flue or chimney if accessible and safe to do so.
10. Smoke test.
A detailed report is issued on completion.
Cost starts at £195.00 + vat
I’d just wanted to say thank you for coming out so quickly and completing the compliance report on our stove.
We needed a professional inspection and report and by employing Flue Check Ltd and Tony Preston we were able to get immediate results by sending the report to the contractor who has taken steps to rectify the works. It has absolutely given us peace of mind for ourselves and for our potential tenants who will be living in the property.